In 2011, my family and I traveled to Oahu, Hawaii. We got a pretty reasonable rate at Hilton Hawaiian Village for one week. I highly recommend Hilton Hawaiian Village for the convenience factor. My mom is in her late 50’s and my father is in his late 60’s. This hotel had everything that we needed! We didn’t have to drive everywhere which was a bonus, because parking can be a nightmare in Waikiki. Parking each night at the hotel is about $25 which is pretty standard anywhere around Waikiki.
Outside View From Our Room: From the 9th Floor (can’t remember) view of Waikiki.
The great thing about our room was that we could also see the night luaus, especially the fire dancing. Starbucks, the bar, the pool and lots of shopping were right at the bottom of our elevators, so everything was close by.
Inside View of our room. Two Queen Beds. The Beds were super comfortable. We had a great view from our room and we were close to the elevator. We had a microwave, refrigerator, flat screen TV, a large desk, and a small outside patio with a table and two chairs. A bit windy in the evening, so if you hang your towel or bathing suit outside, BE CAREFUL! You can also hear the Luau and nightly singing.
We attended the Luau that the hotel holds. You can see the famous Rainbow Tower of Waikiki. It was an all you can eat buffet that was very international. There were food items like sushi, Kahlua pork, banana wrapped fish, exotic fruits etc.
The Service that we had was fantastic. Everyone that we met at the hotel that was visiting had wonderful stories from around the world. My father enjoyed the nightly entertainment downstairs in the outside lounge. He even got a chance to go up on stage and sing. My mother loved the environment and convenience and ABC stores. You can buy EVERYTHING THERE from souvenirs, Hawaiian coffee, soda, sandwiches, advil, toothbrushes, car air fresheners, Hawaiian dresses and the list keeps going. According to a Hawaiian native they told us that ABC stands for “Aloha Brings Customers” We laughed!
- Automatic teller machine (ATM)
- Baggage storage
- Beauty salon/Barber shop
- Bell services
- Business Center – 24-hour, full-service Xerox® Business Services
- Car Rental Desk – Hertz®
- Cashier/Check cashing
- Children’s program – Camp Penguin
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning and laundry service
- High-Speed Internet access
- Guest rooms – wired (for a charge)
- Some public areas – wireless (for a charge)
- Meeting rooms – wired and/or wireless (on request for a charge)
- Xerox Business Services Center – wired with PC work stations (for a charge)
- Language and translation services (multi-lingual staff and AT&T Language Line™)
- Medical services – by Doctors on Call on site
- Parking – Self-park or valet (covered parking facility)
- Pressing service
- Phone interpreters (available 24 hours a day)
- Recreation desk and Social Director
- Room service / in-room dining
- Safe deposit boxes
- Safety & Security Officers (uniformed, available 24 hours)
- Shops – over 90 boutiques and shops on site
- Taxi service
- TDD telecommunications equipment
- Tour Desks – two tour and activities desks
- U.S. Postal Services – offered at Xerox® Business Services